What sets apart our Osteopathic Residency?
Osteopathic residents receive training longitudinally in osteopathic principles and practices throughout all three years of residency. Teaching is provided in both the hospital and office settings on the residents own patients, as well as patients referred to the OMT clinic.
Osteopathic medicine has long been accepted at our institution and is highly regarded as a beneficial and integral part of patient care.
We provide complete training in osteopathic medicine, giving our graduates a deep understanding of how to:
- Efficiently perform OMT in both the office and the hospital
- Bill for OMT
- Incorporate the osteopathic principles and philosophy into all patient encounters
We achieve this training through:
- OMT Clinics where patients with somatic dysfunction in any body region are treated
- Workshops where faculty and residents (under faculty supervision) teach hands-on OMT skills to osteopaths and allopaths
- Mentoring where osteopathic residents help train the interested allopaths
Graduating from our program gives you lots of options!