Since 1984, WHSOM has offered superior occupational medicine services to the regional community. Recently, we have expanded our services to include respirator fit testing and a comprehensive hearing conservation program. This evolution, along with our policy to accept “same day” appointments and ability to provided acute trauma care, have transformed us into a modern “one stop shop” for all things occupational medicine. Our clinic provides rapid paperwork turnaround time, prompt return to duty (limited, full), and expert management of work-related injuries and illnesses.
As part of a health system, our practice has the benefit to offer ancillary services (such as physical capabilities testing at our therapy center) that stand alone clinics might not be able to easily offer. Also, our membership in a multidisciplinary physician group allows for timely referral to and communication with other specialists.
We strive to conduct the highest level of occupational medicine through maintenance of specialty knowledge, use of best practice guidelines, adherence to American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM) Code of Ethics, and performance of clinic quality evaluations.
The same provider will see the injured employee on his/her initial and subsequent visits to ensure continuity in medical management. If necessary, another practitioner is available to evaluate the employee to provide ongoing care.
- Our medical director is residency trained and board certified in Occupational & Environmental Medicine. He is also a certified Medical Review Officer (MRO).
- Certified Physician Assistant experienced in Occupational Medicine.
- RN and Medical Assistant Staff with over 100 years of combined Occupational Medicine experience.
- Federally certified collectors for urine drug screens and breathe alcohol testing.
- Certified hearing conservationists for performing audiograms.
For comprehensive information about our clinic, please click on the services listed below.