The Heart and Vascular Center at Washington Health System is a leader in delivering advanced, quality cardiac care in a community hospital setting.
Our team of cardiologists, electrophysiologists, cardiac surgeons and vascular surgeons specialize in procedures that are normally found in large, urban medical centers. These services range from heart health screenings and tests to minimally invasive procedures and complex surgeries.
This means you don’t have to leave Washington, PA, to find an advanced heart and vascular hospital. WHS uses evidence-based medicine to prevent, diagnose and treat cardiovascular conditions.
Heart and Vascular Care From Experienced, Certified Physicians
ll of our physicians are board-certified in their specialties and have completed extensive training at academic medical centers. In fact, WHS Washington Hospital serves as a clinical training site for physicians from large institutions in our area. Many of these up-and-coming physicians complete their fellowship training at the hospital, where our specialists teach them the latest techniques in diagnosis and treatment for heart, coronary artery and vascular diseases.
Awards and Recognition for the Heart and Vascular Center at WHS
- Get With The Guidelines – Stroke Gold Plus Quality Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, 2012–2019
- Blue Distinction Center+ from BlueCross BlueShield for expertise and efficiency in delivering specialty cardiac care, 2019
- Excellence in Patient Safety Recognition Program from The Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania for the Ambulatory Heart Failure: Pathway to a Better Life program, 2018
- Health Care Heroes award from the Pittsburgh Business Times for the Congestive Heart Failure Pathway program, 2018
- Mission: Lifeline EMS Bronze Plus Award from the American Heart Association for the treatment of STEMI heart attacks, 2014–2017
Heart and Vascular Center Locations
The Heart and Vascular Center provides services at WHS Washington Hospital and WHS Greene. The center serves the entire Pittsburg area with outpatient locations in Cecil Township, Peters Township, Washington and Waynesburg.
Not sure where your heart health stands? Schedule a heart screening by calling our cardiac scheduling service at (724) 579-1575.
WHS Cardiovascular Care