Family Medicine Faculty
Washington Health System is a top rated regional health system located in scenic Southwestern Pennsylvania (approximately 25 miles south of Pittsburgh). We are fortunate to be among the first in the state to offer a Family medicine Residency program with a longstanding reputation of graduating well trained family physicians and 2 fellowships in Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine. The program has strong specialist support and our health system offers nearly all service lines found in large academic institutions.
We have a rare opportunity available to join our dynamic faculty in continuing our tradition of excellence. We are seeking a Board certified Family Medicine physician for a core faculty position. The successful candidate will have broad based inpatient and outpatient clinical skills with a strong desire to teach residents and medical students.
Among the first residency programs to obtain NCQA Level 3 Medical Home Certification, we provide excellent clinical and didactic training to our residents and offer exceptional care to our patients in all three of our office locations. Washington Health System’s Family Medicine Centers, located in Canonsburg, Cecil, and Washington, are staffed by board-certified family medicine physicians and family medicine residents who are committed to providing high quality family medical care. These are academic medical practices operated by the Washington Health System Family Medicine Residency Program, a three-year training program for family medicine physicians and 2 fellowships in Hospice & Palliative Medicine and Geriatrics. Full-time, board-certified physicians are on staff at each center and supervise the resident physicians.
- Family Medicine or Med-Peds (Board Certified)
- Full-time, permanent, hospital-employed position
- Clinical direct care & academic responsibilities with dually accredited Washington Health System FM Residency Program (3 year program with 21 total residents), assigned based on board certification and/or experience
- 5 Faculty Options:
- Traditional inpatient & outpatient with 40% teaching
- Traditional inpatient & outpatient with women’s health interest including colposcopy, birth control methods, &/or low-risk Obstetrics
- Board eligible Sports Medicine
- All outpatient or all inpatient positions
- Board eligible Geriatrician (IM or FM – more information below)
- Call: 2-3 times/month, weekends every 6-8 weeks
- M.D. or D.O.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including CME allowance and association with several affiliated medical schools