Today’s rapidly evolving and increasingly complex healthcare environment requires cutting-edge technology to guide patient care.
One of the key components in this exciting new age is simulation.The Rice Energy Family Simulation Center provides education in a way for learners to recognize, make clinical decisions, and use real equipment to treat medical conditions that they may not experience during their clinical practice.
Mission: Provide evidence-based simulation learning experiences designed to enhance great patient care.
Vision: Operate a regionally recognized, interprofessional simulation center that enriches system-wide and learner specific needs for education and training.
- Identification and promotion of patient safety
- Development of critical thinking skills through various healthcare settings and scopes of practice
- Development of professional behavior based on ethical, legal, and regulatory standards within each disciplinary scope of practice
- Mastery of clinical competence to promote quality patient care
- Development of cohesive team roles and responsibilities
- Development of self-confidence while increasing skill performance
- Utilization of therapeutic communication skills that include “speak-up”
- Collection of data to be utilized in research and process improvement changes
The Rice Energy Family Simulation Center features:
- Six simulation rooms equipped with state of the art equipment that transforms learning into a realistic experience
- Two rooms can be converted into one larger suite for multi-purpose training
- A task trainer lab for skill development
- Three debriefing rooms
The center has 14 full body simulators, including a pregnancy patient who delivers a fully-operational newborn simulator, a premature baby, a 1 year old child, a 5 year old, and a trauma patient. Additional equipment includes CPR simulators and task trainers to train on various skills such as airway management, inserting IV’s, and wound management.
The Rice Energy Family Simulation Center is located inside the School of Nursing Building at 155 Wilson Ave, Washington, PA 15301. Call (724) 223-3188 for a Tour. Day and evening appointments are available.
Click here to contact someone regarding additional questions or details including who can benefit from the simulation center.