WHS Washington Hospital’s Lactation Program promotes, encourages, and supports effective breastfeeding for mothers and their babies.
The Lactation Program provides these free services:
- Inpatient lactation consultation
- Follow-up phone calls to all breastfeeding mothers after discharge
- A free monthly Breastfeeding Support Group which meets the last Monday of each month (except May and December) from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the WHS Washington Hospital’s 5E Conference Room. Please register in advance by calling (724) 250-4476.
- Education and current breastfeeding literature for patients, families, and community
Retail services and breastfeeding products available for purchase include:
- Outpatient lactation consultation
- Seamless Softcup Bra
- Pump In Style Breast Pump
- Extra Large Breastshields
- Pump Tubing
- Harmony Breast Pump
- Universal Pumping System
- Lactina Conversion Kit
- Supplemental Nursing System
- Breast Milk Collection Bags
- Disposable Bra Pads
- Nipple Shields
- Inverted Nipple Shells
To schedule an appointment with the lactation consultant or to purchase products, please call (724) 250-4476.
The lactation office is located on the 5th floor just off the E Wing elevators at the WHS Washington Hospital.