Because we know there are so many benefits of breastfeeding for both mom and baby, WHS Washington Hospital’s Lactation Program promotes, encourages and supports effective breastfeeding. Our team of clinicians and educators is dedicated to setting you up for success every step of the way.
To ensure you do not feel along, the Breastfeeding Program serves as a resource center, providing free services in the hospital after your delivery.
Lactation consultations are also available on an outpatient basis after you and your baby are back home.
- Our nurses, lactation counselors and/or lactation consultant will help you learn how to properly breastfeed during those hours and days after the birth of your baby.
- Our lactation consultant makes follow-up phone calls to all breastfeeding mothers after they leave the hospital.
- A FREE monthly Breastfeeding Support Group meets the last Monday of each month (except May and December) from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. in WHS Washington Hospital’s 5E Conference Room. This is a wonderful opportunity to connect with other mothers and families to discuss challenges and solutions that you may discover during the process of breastfeeding, such as returning to work and milk supply issues. Please register in advance by calling (724) 250-4476.
- We also offer education and current breastfeeding literature for patients, families and the community.
When the people you live with and work for support your goal to breastfeed your baby, the experience will be more relaxed and rewarding.
We encourage you to participate in these services as needed. Before you know it, you will be able to feed your baby with ease and reach your breastfeeding goal.
Breastfeeding Products and Services
We have a wide variety of breastfeeding products for moms who are nursing and/or pumping. Items available include:
- Harmony Breast pump
- Symphony Harmony Initiation Kit
- extra large breast shields
- Pump In Style Advanced Breast pump
- Nipple Shells
- nipple shields
- pump tubing
- Seamless Softcup Nursing Bra
- supplemental nursing system
- lactation consultations
To demystify the use of breastfeeding products that mom and baby may need, outpatient lactation consultations are available for a fee.
To schedule an appointment with the lactation consultant or to purchase products, please call (724) 250-4476. The lactation office is located on the 5th floor just off the E Wing elevators at the WHS Washington Hospital.