Good nutrition during your hospital stay is an important part of your treatment and recovery plan. During your stay at The Washington Hospital, you will be screened for nutrition risk. If you are found to be nutritionally at risk, you will receive a comprehensive, nutrition-focused assessment by a Registered Dietitian.Please tell your nurse or doctor if you have:
- lost weight without trying in the past three months or
- been eating less than usual in the past week
The Registered Dietitian works with the physician, other members of the healthcare team, and you to provide medical nutrition therapy for a variety of conditions. This may include nutrition assessment, diet education and counseling, diet modification, nutritional supplementation or other forms of nutrition support.
In-patient Dining Services
- To ensure you have an exceptional dining experience, our Dining Assistant will visit daily after breakfast to take your menu selections for the day’s lunch and dinner meals and the next day’s breakfast meal.
- You may choose from a variety of freshly prepared menu items tailored to your specific health and dietary needs as well as your personal preferences.
- The Dining Assistant will deliver your meal and check back during the mealtime to ensure you are completely satisfied.
- Dining Services strives to nourish, heal and uplift your body and spirit through great food and sound nutrition.