WASHINGTON HEALTH SYSTEM’S CURRENT VISITOR GUIDELINES
Effective Monday, January 30, 2023
As part of our ongoing safety effort, hospital visitation is limited at WHS Washington Hospital and WHS Greene.
All patients and visitors must wear a mask at all times in the building. The new changes to mask mandates in PA do not currently apply to medical facilities.
Limited visitation inside both WHS hospitals:
- Inpatient Units and Critical Care Unit:
- Visiting hours for inpatients will be 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Maximum of 2-3 visitors per patient at any one time (can exchange visitors).
- Specialty Units:
- Center for Mental Health and Wellbeing (BHU) –
- Maximum of one (1) visitor per patient per session.
- Visiting hours will be:
- 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm Monday – Friday
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm Saturday and Sunday
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm on Holidays
- CARE Center for Family Birth and Women’s Health (OB/GYN) –
- Click here for full details
- Delivery Rooms – One (1) support person and one (1) additional person will be permitted in the LDR area 24/7. Must be the same person in 24 hour period.
- Postpartum Rooms – Patient is permitted one (1) partner/support person to stay 24/7 plus, between the hours of 9:00 am-6:00 pm, patient is permitted two (2) additional adult visitors. Three (3) people total permitted in the room at one time (can exchange visitors). Siblings permitted to visit, with an adult (NO other children permitted).
- Surgery – 2 visitors per patient (same 2 visitors)
- Emergency Department –
- 1 visitor permitted in the waiting room
- 1 visitor, 24 hours/day (once patient is assigned a room)
- SPECIAL CONSIDERATION will be given to:
- End of life patients
- Patients who have an intellectual, developmental or cognitive disability, communication barrier or behavior health concerns
All visitors and patients:
- Please use one of the following entrances:
- Emergency Department Entrance (for E.D. patients and visitors only)
- Main entrance on level 2 of both hospitals
- Entering the building:
- Please remember to social distance and wear your mask into the building
- Check-in with the greeter seated at entrance
For restrictions at our WHS Outpatient Physician Offices, please ask your provider’s office staff while making your appointment. Information may vary by location.
As a reminder – our facilities are SAFE!
Don’t put your care on hold. If you need a diagnostic test or procedure, please schedule it today.
For more information on our WHS Safe Care Commitment go to whs.org/safe.
* Washington Health System staff members reserve the right to further restrict visitation in the interest of patient safety.