WASHINGTON HEALTH SYSTEM’S CURRENT VISITOR GUIDELINES
Effective Friday, August 20, 2021
As part of our ongoing safety effort, hospital visitation is limited at WHS Washington Hospital and WHS Greene.
All patients and visitors must wear a mask at all times in the building. The new changes to mask mandates in PA do not currently apply to medical facilities.
Limited visitation inside both WHS hospitals:
- Inpatient Units:
- Visiting hours for inpatients will be 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Maximum of 2 visitors per patient at any one time. Must be the same 2 persons per visiting session.
- Specialty Units:
- Center for Mental Health and Wellbeing (BHU) –
- Maximum of 1 visitor per patient. Must be the same person per 24 hour period.
- Visiting hours will be
- 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm Monday – Friday
- 2:00 pm -4:00 pm and 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm Saturday – Sunday
- 2:00 pm -4:00 pm and 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm on Holidays
- CARE Center for Family Birth and Women’s Health (OB/GYN) –
- Click here for full details
- Delivery Rooms – One (1) support person will be permitted in the LDR area. This person may have 24/7 visitation and may not be interchanged during the hospital stay.
- Postpartum Rooms – Patient is permitted one designated support person to stay 24/7 plus, may have one additional adult visitor per day during the hours of 9:00 am – 6:00 pm. Switching out of visitors during the day will not be permitted at this time.
- Emergency Department –
- No visitors permitted in the waiting room
- 1 visitor, 24 hours/day (once patient is assigned a room)
- Diagnostic and Procedural Testing – 1 support person/visitor during time of service
- SPECIAL CONSIDERATION* will be given to:
- End of life patients
- Patients who have an intellectual, developmental or cognitive disability, communication barrier or behavior health concerns
All visitors and patients:
- Please use one of the following entrances:
- Emergency Department Entrance (for E.D. patients and visitors only)
- Main entrance on level 2 of both hospitals
- Entering the building:
- Please remember to social distance and wear your mask into the building
- Check-in with the greeter seated at entrance
For restrictions at our WHS Outpatient Physician Offices, please ask your provider’s office staff while making your appointment. Information may vary by location.
As a reminder – our facilities are SAFE!
Don’t put your care on hold. If you need a diagnostic test or procedure, please schedule it today.
For more information on our WHS Safe Care Commitment go to whs.org/safe.
* Washington Health System staff members reserve the right to further restrict visitation in the interest of patient safety.