WASHINGTON HEALTH SYSTEM’S CURRENT VISITOR GUIDELINES
As part of our ongoing safety effort to protect patients, staff and community members, WHS will reinstate a no visitor policy effective 6pm on November 26, 2020.
WHS Washington Hospital and WHS Greene Patient Care Units will be closed to all visitors with a few exceptions. ONE* healthy adult visitor will be permitted in the following situations:
- Patients under the age of 18
- CARE Center for Family Birth and Women’s Health Unit (Labor and Delivery plus Post-partum Recovery only) – One healthy adult permitted. Individual should be prepared to remain in the patient room, 24/7, for the duration of the visit.
- Emergency Department – One person may accompany patient to the ED entrance and then remain in their vehicle until they are called to assist the patient home. Minor patients or those with a significant cognitive or physical disability or impairment in the ED will be allowed one healthy adult visitor.
- Surgical Services or Invasive Procedural Units – No family members or support individuals will be allowed in the building with patients except for extreme situations. These will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and must be approve prior to your surgery or procedure.
- End of Life Care – Clergy will be allowed to visit the patient at this time. Visitation will be made on a case-by-case basis and will need to be pre-approved before arriving.
All patients and visitors that have exceptions mentioned above must wear a mask at all times in the building.
For restrictions at our WHS Outpatient Physician Offices, please ask your provider’s office staff while making your appointment. Information may vary by location.
As a reminder – our facilities are SAFE! Don’t put your care on hold. If you need a diagnostic test or procedure, please schedule it today. For full details on how we are keeping you safe, click here.
* Washington Health System staff members reserve the right to further deny or limit visitation in the interest of patient safety.