Donate to our COVID-19 Assistance Fund
Your donation will be put to immediate use to help the WHS team respond to the COVID-19 situation. WHS has needed donor support in the past and will going forward as we address, manage and improve the safety of our communities.
There are a number of confirmed cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) within the United States, including ones in Western Pennsylvania. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus which has been named “SARS-CoV-2” and presents as a respiratory illness which spreads mainly from person-to-person. Reported illnesses have ranged from very mild (including some with no reported symptoms) to severe, including illness resulting in death. Older people and people of all ages with severe underlying health conditions — like heart disease, lung disease and diabetes, for example — seem to be at higher risk of developing serious COVID-19 illness.
Washington Health System understands that you and your family may be anxious about the news of Coronavirus-COVID-19. We want to assure you that WHS Washington Hospital, WHS-Greene Hospital and all outpatient locations have rigorous infection-prevention protocols in place. We are closely monitoring our internal resources and information from federal, state and local agencies around the clock. The safety of our patients, staff, students, and the general public remains our top priority.
Please note: to keep our patients and staff safe, we are restricting all visitation at WHS Washington Hospital and WHS-Greene . Some exceptions apply. See the FAQ below for details.
Questions & Answers
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
- Washington County location – WRCWC Building #3, Suite 86. Monday – Friday 8am-4pm and Saturday 8am-12pm
- Greene County location – WHS Medical Arts building Suite 100 next to hospital. Monday – Friday 8am-4pm (NO Saturday hours)
- Patients under the age of 18
- Patients with a significant cognitive or physical disability or other impairment
- CARE Center for Family Birth and Women’s Health Unit (Labor and Delivery plus Post-partum Recovery only) – One healthy adult permitted. Individual should be prepared to remain in the patient room for the duration of the visit.
- Emergency Department – One person may accompany patient to the registration area and then must exit the building until they are called to assist the patient home. Minor patients or those with a significant cognitive or physical disability or impairment in the ED will be allowed one healthy adult visitor.
- Surgical Services or Invasive Procedural Units – One healthy adult will be permitted to stay during procedure and visit immediately afterward in the patient room if the patient is admitted.
- WHS Children’s Therapy Services
- WHS Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
- WHS Cardiac Rehabilitation Services
- WHS Pulmonary Rehab
- Outpatient Radiology. Some outpatient studies will still be done based on clinical need – urgent and emergent testing only. All inpatient and emergency services will remain open.
- Outpatient Lab on the 2nd floor of WHS Washington Hospital. All other lab sites to remain open.
- Elective surgeries and procedures at WHS Washington Hospital and Tri-State Surgery Center. Emergency and essential surgeries will continue.
- Physician offices will be rescheduling non-urgent (annual wellness visits, physicals, etc.) visits for a later date
- All scheduled supports groups are canceled until further notice
- All Prenatal Classes have been postponed until further notice. Free online learning modules are being offered at this time: www2.customizedinc.com/childbirtheducation
- WHS Wilfred R. Cameron Wellness Center
- All WHS gift shops are also closed to the public until further notice
- WHS School of Nursing has postponed classes
- The 2020 WHS Charity Ball, originally scheduled for Saturday, March 28th, will be postponed until further notice
- N 95 masks
- Bunny suits (protective suits or clothing)
- Safety goggles
- Face shields/visors
- Latex gloves
- JIF to go
- Candy / chocolate
- Chips, Chex Mix, pretzels, etc.
- Peanut butter or cheese crackers
- Peanuts and/or other nuts
- Trail mix or granola bars
- Protein bars
- Fruit snacks or raisins
- Pudding cups
- Fruit/applesauce cups
- Cans of Spaghettios, Beefaroni, soup (pop top only)
- Tuna/chicken boxes with crackers (no cans)
- Beef Jerky / Slim Jim’s